Skip to main content
The Cedar Valley Student Center Welcomes You!

We want to provide the best support and atmosphere for all students, parents, teachers, and administration.  To accomplish this goal, we will focus on the needs of each individual.  The Counseling Office will be happy to honor all student requests to visit with his/her counselor during lunch, or after school.  Students are admonished to stay in class and meet with counselors during the aforementioned times.

Who is MY counselor?

Counselors are assigned to students based on the last name of the student.

Skyward Updates & Info

It is required that parents go into Skyward and update all information for every student with whom they have guardianship.  This is important, because it will allow you to update your emergency and check-out contacts, enter any health problems for your student, view and sign the Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP), etc.  Students will not be able to use the school computers or Internet until the AUP is signed.  For a step-by-step tutorial on how this can be done, CLICK HERE!

Withdrawing Students

If you have moved or will be moving, you will need to go through the complete withdrawal process that begins with the registrar.  She must know if a student will not be attending Cedar Valley and where they will be moving to.  Please let us know as soon as possible.

Crisis Intervention

If you or your student are in need of Crisis Intervention, our Counseling Office can help you!  Crisis Interventions may include: suicidal thoughts, depression, and/or anxiety.  We can provide you with the necessary resources to recognize the symptoms and take appropriate steps to get help.  CLICK HERE for help!

Class Changes

If a class change is needed, please get a class change form (on golden colored paper) from the teacher of the class you are dropping or from the counseling office. There is a $5 fee for class changes that needs to be paid in the financial office and then staple the receipt to the class change form before bringing it to the counseling office.

The form needs to be completely filled out with the teacher’s signature of the class that is being dropped and the teacher of the class that is being added. If the class is a core class the parent’s signature is also required. Requests will only be granted if there is availability in classes.